Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Would a thule 725 fit my truck's factory rack?

the thule website advises the 91724 flat top ski rack for my 2006 chevy trailblazer's factory roof rack. realizing that the model 725 flat top ski rack is probably no longer supported, does anyone know if this would fit the same truck?|||Get the Fat Mouth clamps from Thule. Those clamps fit almost every factory roof rack. I have an '03 Chevy and they fit my racks. The clamps have all sorts of combinations for the inserts, so they fit most models. You just attach the Flat Top to the rack.





Now...all that might be moot if the 725 is too wide for your roof. That is a 6-ski rack and the 91724 (aka the 724) is a 4-ski rack. In that case, you'll have to get load bars and attach them to your side rails. I have to do this when I put my 724 rack and my cargo box on the car at the same time. The load bars run around $60 and the mounting stuff can vary in price from $50-$100.





Stop in to see your Thule dealer and they can get you hooked up with the right stuff. |||In general, most of the racks are very generic and will fit with the proper cross supports most other racks. Your best way to find out is to take some measurements and then go to a brick mortar dealer. They can give you the absolute answer. Just remember, they want to sell you the newest and most expensive one they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment