Saturday, December 24, 2011

What kind of US senator would you be?

Would you be a "national" senator, with a high profile on one or more nationally relevant issues, in the way that, say, Lugar, Graham, Schumer, and Levin are?





Or would you be a senator who puts the concerns of constituents front and center, be they plows or potholes, with no interest in recognition beyond your home state? Think of senators like Kohl, Ensign, Lincoln, or Thule.|||I'd put my job to represent my district to the forefront. I'd address their concerns, hear their opinions, and try to be their voice on the Senate floor. I'd help them with the pot holes, but also carry their messages to Washington.|||I would represent my Constiuants! Pretty simple! That and restore our Constitution and Uphold the laws of the land.

Report Abuse


|||If the laws are in opposition to what my Constituants want, then I would write a bill to change it unless it was in disagreement with the Constitution.

Report Abuse


|||I'd be the first United States Senator to be assassinated for filing legislation to abolish the Federal Reserve and starting a filibuster, during budget time, to not spend a penny on anything until the Congress passes legislation to end a private corporate monopoly from holding the American government and economy hostage for the past 92 years and running.|||I think the way to go would to cater to my constituents. They are the ones who put me there. After the backing and power of experience, I would venture out into the National arena.|||Door # 2.|||My first term would be spent completely focused on my immediate constituents. My second term I would have the power and backing and experience to focus more on overall national issues, i.e. pollution, alternative energy, etc.





My third term would be in the White House.





**************************


After reading Zero's post......I tender my resignation and offer myself up as his campaign manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment