Tuesday, December 20, 2011

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Ltd, what cross bars should I buy? The factory made or some other (Yakima/Thule)?

My car came with factory roof rails and I am trying to purchase cross bars now. The more I read about it, the more I get confused. Are the factory made better than Yakima/Thule? Does any specific model of cross bars fit better on this car? I would really appreciate if you could inform me about noise, effect on mileage and aesthetics.Thanks a lot.|||I own a Subaru Forester 2.5XT (SG9, 2008 Model). And, I am very much pleased with the Thule Rack and Thule Box (Atlantis 1600 / 686XT). I used them only when I need to as it would definitely be a big air drag, thus, higher consumption of fuel. Good thing, these are easily attached and removed in just a few minutes. More than doubling your luggage space!





I too, had a lot time invested researching which one is best. The experience of my friends with this sturdy and appealing set-up convinced me for it





The thing is, Thule especially designed and made these Racks for Foresters, it cannot be used by any other application, thus it is a perfect fit. Before deciding, go to a Thule distributor a see one for yourself. You will surely be satisfied.





Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment