Saturday, December 24, 2011

Which spare tire mount bike rack should I buy for my RAV4?

I want to buy a spare tire mount bike rack form my 1997 Toyota RAV4, but have heard stories of people damaging their vehicles, taking out the back window and difficulty attaching the rack. Which rack do you recommend? Yakima Spare Jow? Swagman XP2? Thule Spare Me? Another?|||From what I know, the Thule is the rack of choice for the RAV4. The others have fit issues with the spare tire. Also, if you ever plan to carry more than two bikes, consider the hitch mount system. The weak link in a spare tire rack is the spare tire mount. It's really just designed to carry the spare tire so he max you can carry is two mountain bikes at best. I'm a roadie and I used to drive a CR-V. The Spare Me is what I used based on the rack shop that I went to. They sold every type of rack and they told me that for the RAV4 and CR-V, the Thule was the best choice and easiest to fit- even if it takes a little work to install. CR-Vs supposed have a little stronger spare tire mount than the RAV4, and the CR-V can only hold up to 70 lbs. That 70 lbs includes the spare tire so take that into consideration.|||put on a trailor hitch and purchase a deck attachment for the hitch|||I know someone who had a thule

No comments:

Post a Comment