Saturday, December 24, 2011

Can a Thule 910 Passage 2 trunk mount bike rack fit on a Honda Fit 2008 Sport model with a spoiler? Pics?

I am looking to put a rack on my Honda Fit Sport 2008, but the roof rack is expensive/cumbersome and the hitch seems like it will get in the way of the hatch, as well as be more cumbersome and involve more installation. I am wondering what trunk and hatch mount racks work with the Fit, especially considering there is a spoiler there that might not like the pressure of the straps on it. Any help and pics to show a good trunk mount install would be helpful. I came across some a few days ago that had some foam on the spoiler to protect it from wear due to the straps. Thank you for any help!!|||Visit their website and punch in your vehicle to their fit guide. If your car/trim isn't listed, call them up or email them. If they don't have info on your vehicle yet, then the best thing is to visit a shop that carries the rack you want and test it for fit. Definitely have to be careful with the straps so that you don't rub off paint or crack the spoiler....been there done that! I wouldn't use foam for protection, personally. I've seen different types of foam still cause abrasions on both bike and canoe mounts. Plus, the rack that I saw with foam block protectors wasn't exactly stiff-and-firm with the mountain bike that was on it, so on bumps it swayed a bit more than I'd want mine to. :o)|||I have two cars with spoilers on the and the only thing that I found to work was a Saris Bones. It's a nice rack and has a lifetime warranty.





http://www.bikerackshops.com/groupsarisr鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment