Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Is the Thule 20 Liter (1220 cubic inch) backpack good for textbooks and other college stuff?

I've been trying to find an answer for this everywhere. I have a fantastic suitcase from Thule that I got before going to Paris, and I wanted to get a backpack from them mostly because of the insanely high quality, but also because my current backpack is an awkward monstrosity. Not because I cram it, three 1000 page textbooks, a DSLR, and a Macbook (and all relevant accessories and notepads) are pretty standard college stuff. But my current one, nice quality as it is (swissgear) is just so poorly designed and laid out (NO internal pockets, so stuff bunches up and makes the depth go crazy) that I've managed on several occasions to turn and knock someone over with it. I've seen the Thule backpack in person, and my current one is 23 liters (~1400 cubic inches). I just couldn't for the life of me figure out just by looking at it if stuff would fit. If you have the backpack that's amazing please tell me all about it, but if not and you're good at visualizing this sort of thing (backpackers, this means you) then the link is here: http://store.apple.com/us/product/H0616L鈥?/a>|||I suspect it won't have as much room as your current backpack, but it is most likely better designed, so what it lacks in space may be made up in its design. I think the problem might be whether all your books would fit. The smaller things would probably be much easier to manage in the Thule than in your current one.

No comments:

Post a Comment