Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Is there any way to attach a rack to a Wrangler hardtop?

I kayak, and my kayaks are not that heavy. I was wondering if there was a known way to attach a Yakima or Thule rack to a hardtop. The only racks I have seen for Wranglers are the ones suspended off the top by a frame. This may not be possible, but I thought I would ask and see.|||The problem with fiberglass is that the weight will cause flexing which will result in stress cracks. I had a glass shell on a pickup and Thule sold a kit that the sales place installed on that top. It consisted of two rails that ran the length of the top and thereby reduced the stress. I carried a Kayak on it for a couple of years with no problem. You might check with your local camper shell retailer and see if this will work on your Jeep.|||Most systems attach to the body so you can still run with the top off! Check the links there are alot of types out





http://bsmurphjeep.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment