Tuesday, December 20, 2011

What ski/snowboard rack would go on my bare Jetta 2000 GL roof?

I don't want to drill holes in the roof, just want something thats easy to install and take out. I looked for universal ones but they are ones that attach to railing or bars already on roofs. Please give me brands or models that i can find on ebay . I know thule and yakama but didn't find ones that do not require bolted railings.|||Thule and Yakima have great systems.





I have OEM VW base carrier bars on my 2000 Jetta as well as the ski/snowboard attachments. The system is made by thule and branded VW. It is easy to remove and fits in prefabricated slots on your roof. No drilling or fabrication required.|||With Thule and Yakima you don't need to drill holes into the roof. Plus Thule has a lifetime warranty.|||Crossbars:


Thule


Yakima


OE Votex





ebay is your friend. For Thule %26amp; Yakima you can get the generic towers %26amp; cross bars (per Thule %26amp; Yakima website) and then buy the fit kit separately.





The Thule fit kit fits like crap. The rubber pads will let dirt get underneath %26amp; damage the paint. Get some clear bra-material to put underneath, ie www.lamin-x.com





Rack:


Thule


Yakima

No comments:

Post a Comment