Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I am looking to buy kayak rack for my car but I cannot find a brand that will fit my car. Any suggestions? ?

I have looked at Thule and Yakima. Neither has a roof rack for my car. I have a 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora. Any other brands or alternatives that people have tried? Thanks!|||If you're on the west coast, check out Rack N Road (http://www.racknroad.com/). They do custom racks for cars. If not, look for a similar sports rack store in your area.





One option-- probably what they'd suggest at Rack N Road-- is to get a track from Yakima or Thule. Unlike the standard racks, this track will fit any car. The track gets permanently attached to your car with screws through the sheet metal. With the track installed, you can then clip the standard Yakima/Thule rack to your car. If you're particularly handy, you could even order the track and install it yourself.





This is the type of rack I got for my car. Even though I could've gotten a standard rack that clips onto the door frame, it was well worth the extra money (about $100 for the track and $100 for the install). It's a lot sturdier, it's really easy to put on and take off the rack, and it won't scratch up your car like the door frame racks.|||a deler in lowell

No comments:

Post a Comment