Saturday, December 24, 2011

How much is my 2001 VW TDI Golf worth?

Bought in Canada (Ontario) original owner


5 speed manual


AC (blows cold)


Class I trailer hitch


Thule ski rack


6 disk CD player


new battery


new windshield


360,000 km


winter tires on separate rims


alloy rims





Any ideas? Thanks!|||Depends on the maintenance history. I've got an '01 Golf TDI with 162,000 miles on it (260kish kms) and I feel I'd be pretty lucky to get $6,000 out of it. If your timing belt has been done recently and all of the other maintenance is pretty up to date, I'd guess around $5,000. Wait until fuel prices rise a little more and the value of your car will continue to rise. I'm talking USD here, Canadian prices are pretty similar as far as I know.|||It is worth what you can get for it. So check the newspapers around your area and see what private sales are asking. Car lot prices are inflated and most times they are expecting a "trade in vehicle" so they automatically cover the loss there. It also depends on your town and whether there are a lot of people in search of good older TDI's. Go out and see some of the private sales(to see what they are asking for the quality of vehicle they are selling) So yeah, you have to go like you are in the market to buy the car. Draw your conclusions from that.


Me, I am not looking for that type of vehicle.....so it has a value of zero.|||ever try kelly blue book? www.kbb.com real simple

No comments:

Post a Comment